What is a Structured Settlement Annuity?
A Structured Settlement Annuity (SSA) provides tax-free, periodic payments over a period of time, specifically designed to meet an injured party’s needs. Specialized consultants facilitate the settlement process, as well as help design and negotiate the structure.
Why choose a Structured Settlement?
- Features customized design: Payments are specifically tailored to meet the injured party’s particular financial needs over a defined period.
- Emphasizes stability: Payments are designed to help meet the claimant’s current and future financial needs.
- Promotes security: Structured settlement provide the dependability of a highly rated financial institution.
- Leads to faster settlements
- May reduce costs
- Avoids Jury trials
- May allow for tax deduction (self-insured)
Pacific Life is a member of the National Structured Settlement Trade Association
This material is not intended to be used, nor can it be used by any taxpayer, for the purpose of avoiding U.S. federal, state, or local tax penalties. This material is written to support the promotion or marketing of the transaction(s) or matter(s) addressed by this material. Pacific Life, its distributors, and respective representatives do not provide tax, accounting, or legal advice. Any taxpayer should seek advice based on the taxpayer’s particular circumstances from an independent tax advisor or attorney.
Pacific Life refers to Pacific Life Insurance Company and its affiliates, including Pacific Life & Annuity Company. Insurance products are issued by Pacific Life Insurance Company in all states except New York and in New York by Pacific Life & Annuity Company. Product availability and features may vary by state. Each insurance company is solely responsible for the financial obligations accruing under the products it issues. Insurance product and guarantees, including annuity payout rates, are backed by the financial strength and claims-paying ability of the issuing insurance company and do not protect the value of the variable investment options.